Particle physics is the study of the most fundamental physics, the building blocks of matter and their interactions.
The Standard Model of Particle Physics contains all the known particles and force carriers.
The top quark is the heaviest known particle to date.
- |Vts| measurement
- tt charge asymmetry
- CP violation in single top
- t-channel Top polarization
Supersymmetry and Beyond the standard model
There are still many big questions that remain unanswered
- what are dark matter and dark energy
- where did all the anti-matter go
- how does gravity fit into the standard model
- Search for Non-thermal Dark Matter in Monotop Events
- Vector boson fusion supersymmetry search
- Search for Z’ Boson decaying into tau pairs in bottom fermion fusion process
GEM Detector R&D
Gas electron multiplier (GEM) is
- Neutron detecting using GEM
Machine learning has already played a huge role in particle physics, being crucial for the discovery of the Higgs particle!
The role of machine learning is rapidly expanding and we are exploring a wide range of applications.
- Quark-Gluon jet classification with weakly-supervised learning
- Simulating particle shower with GAN
- Self-attension network